Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shokudo Jap Coffee House - SG, 6th Sep 2008

Shokudo Jap Coffee House - SG, 6th Sep 2008

文章日期:09/08/2008 09:21 am
It was a nice afternoon and at that moment, my vendor has called me out for a cup of coffee, so he suggested that why dont we meet at Bugis Junction.. It has been quite some time since I last visit Bugis Junction.I accidentally spotted this new outlet which was once occupied by Terra Cafe... after finding out from the waiteress, they have been here since July 2008...
I called my wife immediately about this new place, and promised her to try out this place during the weekend.  And this is what I did :)
Huge signage really trap your attention, so you really cant miss it.

It is a little fusion between the Japs and the west.. very modern, lighting are bright and quite cosy too..



I dont really quite like the table as it is too small when you are about to order a few dish, in the following pictures, you will know what I mean



Colourful menu really makes you drooling, and you know something? what you see is what you get..seriously... it is really what you see is what you get

Crunchy Salmon Maki really has a nice presentation, the plate are big but very extravagant..the smoked salmon is tender and its crunchiness "stuff" in it, it just taste delicious... this is a dish you must order

yummy yum yum

Kari Kari Tako Yaki size are not to big and not too small, even my wife said it is nice, when she put into her mouth, the heat is just nice, not too hot and not too cold.  The size of the ball is not too big and not too small, and it taste great


Shokudo-style Fish and Chips is also another good dish that you must order, I do not know if they are using fresh or frozen fish, but what I wanted to say is that, the frying is evenly, the frying skin is not thick, it is even thinner then most of the conventional fish and chips.  The fish is juicy..

And it even comes with 3 small plate of sauce for you to dip too... (now my saliva start roaming in my mouth) .. hehehe

Japanese Curry Rosti is something new to us, too bad we are not able to finish this dish.. the curry is not spicy but it will be great if they can have a bowl of rice to go with it too

Pistacho Ice Cream is a must try dessert, it fills with not only cream, but tons of pistachio, we love it very much.. too bad we can only 1 serving :(

Ocha

here is the place
Shokudo Japanese Coffee House, 200 victoria street, #01-53, Bugis Junction, Tel: 63389216

No comments: