Tuesday, December 9, 2008

High Tea in HK - Harlan's (IFC), 2008

High Tea in HK - Harlan's (IFC)

文章日期:02/20/2008 01:11 pm
I have been always wondering how is High-Tea feels like in HK until one day my wife has spotted a blogger who recommended this place.. Harlan's.. 
And immediately, my wife call them up and reserve a table for 4 on a day when we will be there
Harlan's is located in IFC (HongKong MRT Station), and it is situated in one of the corner...
In actual fact, the place was fully booked for that particular day, as there will be fireworks show going on that nite...
No time wasted, we quickly found a place (nice little cosy corner), check out the menu and we order a 2 set high-tea set as below...
This is the 2nd time I am having high tea in HK, the last time was in Kowloon.. but if you asking me to compare.. I think you should try Harlan's .. the cakes are delicious, not so sweet, and they portion are just nice to fill up your stomach...


This is the main entrance of the cafe... well.. it is not really eye catching spot.. but you will not have difficulty in finding the place too

Waiter and waiteress are getting ready while we are waiting..

of course not to waste so much time sitting down waiting... I actually take this opportunity to take as much pictures as possible


Even their knife is carved with the name on it..

Table setting

my MIL and SIL..

The Menu.. we ordered 2 set of the HighTea Tower... HK$240 for 2 person.. nice!

Butter and Jam

here comes the full set.. remember we ordered 2 set for 4 person... yum yum..
please do follow up on the close up

there are strawberry tarts

scone - a little dry though... but if you are to spread with butter and jam.. it taste perfect

smoked salmon with role on top...

chocolate biscuit fill with cream.. - nice!

this is one of the good stuff.. Chestnut paste in the middle of Macaron...
Macaron is not as fluffy... but the paste is good.. it does make a perfect partner

Rich Chocolate mousse cake.. this is my favourite

as for the Cheese cake... it is not rich at all.. but it really taste very light and I actually finish it...
and for my overall rating... I actually like anything with cream.. but the best that I like most will be the chocolate cake...

me relaxing after eating so many nice thing :P

Happy viewing...
and here is the address if you intend to go
Harlan'sShop 2075 , IFC HK
Telephone
(852) 2805 0566

No comments: