Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Italian Dining - Taipei 101, 2008

Italian Dining - Taipei 101

文章日期:02/21/2008 08:03 am
While touring the talk of the town building 101.. I find nothing great to talk about as most of the shops carries branded goods.. but nonetheless there is this one level that are mainly meant for diners to dine in or lunch in too..
They have shanghai restaurant, Jap restaurant, Italian restaurant. I tot I saw a Viet if not a Thai restaurant...
Any way, we spotted this Italian Restaurant - Diamond Tony's.. I think I have been to this restaurant before but not in 101.. so we decided to walk in...
Found ourself in a nice corner.. great ambience, and waiter and waiteress are very attentive and polite.. there is this one thing that I dont really quite like, which is the people are very noisy..well.. maybe it is the festive season that get them into happy mood and make them talk talk talk,, hahaha
There are a few shots that I did not use the flash light... so that you can tell how "dark" it is in there. :P

The ambience is quite cosy,, if the crowd is quieter, this is actually a good place for couple and maybe for guys to propose to their future wife...

The Menu... it will be great to have some pictures in it...

Great table setting ..

garlic pancake bread

Minestrone soup..very light, with slight tomato flavour.. and tasty

Clam chowder soup.. not creamy, and not rich.. very nice...

Ceasar salad,, I think different italian restaurant has different way of presenting this salad..as for Diamond Tony's,  they have use a very big piece of lettuce which is quite unique.. and have a great taste.. I dont mind to have a second serving of it.

This is a vegetarian salad, what u see on the plates are fruits and vege.. you can see cut grape fruit, dried dates, shredded cabbage, green and red pepper, olive, kiwi, and for the sauce.. it has a strong lemon and grapefruit juice.. very refreshing.

here comes the main course, my wife has ordered a squid ink fettucine, with salmon slice... sauce is not creamy, very smooth .. and it is GOOD!

As for me, I always like anything with tomatoe paste or sauce.. (that is why my wife has given me a nice Tomato Devil (番茄怪魔).. I am having a Seafood spaghetti with rich spicy tomato "sauce".. portion is quite huge, and I manage to finish half of it... anyone who likes spicy stuff... Maybe you can try this...

here comes the finale .. the desert.. cheesecake.. I can only manage 1/4 of it, as the cheese flavour is too rich .. but nonetheless, I have devour that huge chocolate decor and hmmm yummy yummy
well.. here is the address,, please take note.. worth it!

Diamond Tony's
4F, No 45, Shihfu Road, Sinyi District, Taipei City 110, Taipei 101 building
tel: (02)8101-8268

No comments: